Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Slubby yarns and soft scarves...



I've been knitting up some of my handspun yarn into a scarf for my youngest, who NEVER likes to miss out on anything. It is not quite scarf weather outside, but always scarf weather inside at dressing up time!

I've had some enquiries from nervous new knitters who are unsure about knitting with single slubby handspun yarns, so I have popped a pattern up on our store pattern page, and it could find itself into the next issue of our free magazine "Spins & Needles" (available on our store website) to help new knitters along. Only around 100g of handspun yarn is needed; very easy, nothing to be scared of... These soft scarves won't hurt you!

This colourway is "Vintage" and was inspired by the literary tour of England I was so very lucky to be able to go on a while ago. The colours remind me of all of those centuries-old faded fabrics in the stately homes dotted everywhere around England. Gorgeous!

No comments: