Monday, April 16, 2007

New Colourways for Handpainted Yarns





I have been busy filling custom orders for handpainted yarns, amongst other things. Here is a small sample of the dyeing I have been doing. New colourways have been added to the webstore page, with more to come in the next week or so. Most of the yarns I have dyed are sold already, so I'll list more on the store in the next week or so. I LOVE working with colour and coming up with new combinations.

I have also been lucky enough through a lovely customer to get my hands on a secondhand Ashford Elizabeth wheel for some finer spinning. Once I get off my learner driver status on this new wheel, I hope to do lots of longdraw woollen style spinning to get some practice in!

Also seem to have reignited my crochet obsession from many years ago...

Have fun spinning and knitting!

3 comments:

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

As always Wen, simply stunning colours!

Hey how did you manage to get customers procuring you wheels? Can I put in an order for and Ashford Country Spinner....hehehe

Ruth.... said...

I'm with you, Tye...I'm glued on the last yarn pictured. It's just so beautiful. P.S. Wanna go halvies in a country spinner?!?! hehe

Taphophile said...

Mood Swings is fabulous. I keep reaching out to touch it. Well done. :)